Sunday, November 27, 2005

Malteser Birthday Cake for Celene



I made this cake in August, but have been too held up by exams to post. So here I am.

This is a Nigella Lawson recipe. The icing was a bit funny though, it was more like treacle the way I did it - I used a food processor just as she advised. When I tried this recipe again, the icing turned out like it should (buttercream) and I didn't use a food processor this time. I think it would be fine to use a food processor, I haven't much experience with them and so that might explain the treacle effect. It still tasted good though, for all the malt-lovers out there.

Also, when making the horlicks mixture, make sure it's completely dissolved and even so that there won't be lumps in the batter - I didn't do that the first time round and learnt to when I tried the recipe again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home